When riding a motorcycle, few materials treat a rider’s torso better than a leather jacket for a myriad of reasons, namely safety. Safety is always paramount when it comes to choosing the right gear and knowing the anatomy of your options is key. Ideally, the perfect leather motorcycle jacket is a much-valued component of a rider’s gear and can last as quality protection for years to come with proper care.
5 TIPS TO BUY THE RIGHT LEATHER MOTORCYCLE JACKET
There are some main factors that every rider should consider when investing in gear like a leather motorcycle jacket, including:
- Riding Style – Are you a commuter, weekend warrior, long-haul road trips, track days, off-roading?
- Price Range – Determine how frequently you ride and in what type of conditions. A pre-owned jacket can sometimes be found for around $100, and custom leathers could range in the thousands.
- Safety Range – More frequently, the new leather jackets are having pockets included within their design so that armor can be added to them. It’s a personal preference as some riders don’t like armor — others swear by it and won’t ride without it.
- Make Sure it Fits – When wearing regular clothes underneath, make sure it fits snugly. Do not pinch your arms anywhere. Also, don’t run out of breath because of tightness. The best jackets will look almost like a second skin to fit your own unique contours.
- Try as Many as You Can – Jackets from different manufacturers seem to suit different-sized people. Also, since we’re not talking about pocket money here, it makes sense to make sure you’re buying something that’s just right, looks good, and protects when you need it. Try as many jackets as you can until you really like one.
Curvy, Slim, and Stretch Style
Complete your look with the most comfortable gear.